Sunday, August 2, 2009

August Footy and a break away.

I thought I’d start with a bit of beefcake today. I’ve no idea who he is, when or where this was taken. He’s not a train or a robot or anything to do with queer history. He’s not politics, community support or self reliance; he’s just so *#@^en HOT – to me!



What do you think?

Off to Thailand for a couple of weeks. Last time I was there I passed through Bangkok and hated it. It stank and was crowded and I’d never seen a gnarled beggar before. I was also going to the USA which was nice and “white”. A variation on a local theme you might say. I went to San Francisco and Seattle and several places in between. Met some great folks along the way too. It was a long time ago, 24 years ago in fact, and I’m reliably assured things have changed in Thailand.

As the overseas trip looms, it’s only about a month away now, I’m ready for it. A bit day to day tired and loosing interest in it all. This trip is about rest and time with three of my best friends. Do I want to do the sex bars? Nup, but I will – I’m told one has to take a look at these things, see what it’s all about. Know what I mean?

My footy team’s doing OK – reasonably well actually. For those of you in the know I’m a Collingwood supporter. A Black and White fan, Go the Magpies and all that. Have a look. I fancy our captain, Nick Maxwell, and a
few of the others too. But we have this habit of always getting into the finals and always loosing.

Last Grand Final we won was in 1990 – long time ago huh? There’s lot of us Pies supporters where I work. Most are much more positive than me and most are much more supportive of our senior coach Mick Malthouse than I am. We’ve paid him a lot of money over a lot of years to not win, and sometimes when we really should’ve. I’m well known in the office for my mantra of three seasons now “Get rid of ‘im”. Still this time in 8 weeks (or less) and I guess we’ll know. And we’re stuck with him for another couple of years apparently too. St Kilda and (once again) Geelong are the looming threats this year. Watch out for the Bulldogs too, though maybe another year or two for them yet.
Here’s another little surprise – note the jumper, I want one.

The other comment of note at the moment is the struggle with tobacco. I did well for several weeks in May and June without any but over the last few weeks I’ve crumbled. It’s odd really because I can be such a stubborn and determined bastard most of the time, but this tobacco thing is just tough. And it’s been a part of my life for over 35 years! If you don’t smoke, don’t ever start! Trust me on this one if nothing else.

1 comment: